Monday, October 11, 2010

Connectivity (Again)

After recovering from problems concerning my internet connection via broadband, I was able to compare the performance of two of the main competitors. So far, the verdict is that my old broadband service has been the most consistent in terms of connectivity and speed. On connectivity, I have been able to connect quickly on the 3G/HSDPA network of my old service provider. Meanwhile, it has been an excruciating experience in as far as network connection and speed is concerned, where I am often able to connect on the slower GSM/GPRS network that practically limits my access to sites including Gmail, Facebook and this blog.

As a result, I am led to believe based on my experience that my old service still provides the best connectivity in as far as broadband is concerned. Next stop? Perhaps we should already have DSL in our home. That way, we'll have access to even higher speeds and be able to download goodies like recent episodes of TV series we missed because either we couldn't watch the local telecast or free TV don't feature the series.

No comments: