Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 1

I was supposed to write a short piece to greet Tatay on his birthday. Somehow, I managed not to write the piece and so this post is a make-up of sorts.

Tatay turned 73 yesterday and we celebrated this last Sunday together with my Mama, siblings, nephew and niece. The Clairvoyant and I brought cake for the occasion and my sister helped my mother cook pasta and other weekend favorites that we all partook of during dinner. There was no wine or beer as my brother in law and I were driving and Tatay wasn't really into drinking even if it were on the occasion of his birthday.

I am very glad that my father is in very good health at 73 years old. He was a chain smoker and perhaps still is. At least, I try to assure myself, he doesn't go for the 2 packs per day of about 20 years ago and just enjoys an occasional cigarette these days. An effective deterrent seems to be his grandchildren, my niece and nephew, who dislike the smell of cigarette smoke (good thing!).

Here's a toast to continuing good health and more years to enjoy with family and friends! Happy birthday Tatay!

No comments: