Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jeju!

I am currently attending a conference in Jeju, Korea and haven't had enough time to post something about my trip. Suffice it to say that I am impressed by the way they developed this island and how they seemed to have maintained it considering it is a major destination for tourists. Jeju is also in the running for the natural 7 wonders of the world considering it is host to many natural wonders certified by UNESCO as natural heritage sites.

The island itself is a wonder and I am reminded of a similar but smaller one in the Philippines - Camiguin. Jeju is actually a product of a volcano much like Camiguin is a "creation" of Hibok-hibok. Previous activity of the Mt. Halla are curious forms around the island. I will try to post photos of my trip here once I am able to download these. I will also write about the travel experience itself considering the airports and airlines I used.

No comments: