Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hotel breakfasts

One thing I like about the good hotels is their buffet breakfasts. I like to distinguish the excellent and good hotels from the regular and so-so ones by their breakfasts. Even business hotels can offer good morning meals though budget hotels would usually have little or none to offer. In addition to variety, one of my indicators for good breakfasts is the availability of bircher muesli among the selections for cereals. It's something that's not easy to prepare as it should have just the right amount of milk, muesli and fruits for the mix to work well.

Following are a couple of photos showing what I'm usually having this week during my stay at the Imperial Queen's Park Hotel in Bangkok. It's been some time since my last trip to Thailand and I got reacquainted with the sweet pineapple and papaya I have always enjoyed in my previous stays in Bangkok.

First breakfast at the Imperial Queen's Park Hotel - that's chicken sausage, smoked bacon, dried  fish, egg and rice as my main meal. My favorite bircher muesli is on the upper right and slices of papaya on top beside my glass of orange juice.

Some variation to the first breakfast on my second one with chicken yakitori, hash brown and pineapple slices.
There were other food available for breakfast but I opted not to go Japanese for my first meal of the day. While some soup, noodles or porridge would work well for me, I would probably do so only if I didn't have a choice.
-

No comments: