Sunday, March 31, 2013

Katsu cravings - Yabu: House of Katsu

I wanted to post this during the break but it seemed inappropriate talking about meat during Holy Week so I postponed in until after Easter. The Clairvoyant and I were back at SM Megamall after what seemed like a very long time. I had rarely went to this mall while she was in Singapore as I didn't see it as necessary considering there were also malls (SM Marikina and Robinsons Metro East) along the way between my office and our home. I could do my shopping and groceries from these two as well as the Cherry supermarket near Masinag. Our purpose for going to Megamall was to have an old camera checked but we already anticipated having lunch there and try out one Japanese restaurant we've heard from friends.

Highly recommended by friends was Yabu: House of Katsu, a Japanese restaurant obviously specializing in katsu or deep fried breaded pork. I heard or read somewhere that the first branch of the restaurant in SM MOA was a hit and that encouraged the owners to expand. In fact, they are opening a new branch at SM Southmall this Easter Sunday. We were already tipped off by friends to come to the restaurant early or late as the lines were quite long. We decided to have early lunch and easily got a good table. We took a few photos here and there, and especially the katsu set we ordered. We will definitely be back!

The interior walls feature comic strips (manga)
Grind the goma (sesame seeds) and then mix with the katsu sauce
Kurobuta Katsu set - 90g katsu, unlimited rice, unlimited cabbage, miso shiru, fruit bowl
Kurobuta (literally black pig) comes from the black berkshire pig that is the source of the meat

Happy Easter to everyone!
-

No comments: