Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Vintage Anker automatic watch with Cal. 222 movement

I am in a sort of a catch-up mode in terms of documenting the watches in my collection. A relatively new acquisition and supposedly a replacement for an older Anker that I decided to part with recently is this automatic from the same company.

The watch with what appears as a mother of pearl finish for the dial. It also has a date feature.

Side view showing the crown and a better appreciation of the dial.
The other side view adding more emphasis to the dial's texture.
Here's a look at the Cal. 222 (also Forster Cal. 222) automatic movement that runs on 21,600 beats per hour lasting a maximum 38h.
The watch the first time I wore it on my wrist
This watch is a dependable one as it keeps time and the power reserve doesn't run out overnight. It is definitely something I will retain in my collection for now. I have other Ankers but this one stands out from the others.
-

No comments: