Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Bye bye shoes!

Last December 31 and before the New Year, I decided to discard a pair of shoes that I have used over the course of the pandemic. Before going for my last morning walk of 2023, I placed my old pair of Merell's on top of our garbage bin where I thought someone would find it and take it. It would have been garbage and probably destroyed if I had put it inside instead. True enough, I saw the pair being carried away as I rounded the corner near my home.

The shoes are still repairable and probably good for a couple or more years depending on use.

It would be difficult to estimate the number of steps I made using these shoes. Ive had them for more than 5 years and wore these shoes during field work (they're water resistant and have good grip) and leisurely travel (they're great for walking around cities). I hope whoever got them uses them and that the shoes would be useful for a few more months if not years.

-

No comments: