Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sitcoms

I can't say its a guilty pleasure and it surely is not one that I've been hiding from anyone. I like sitcoms and I especially love those that deliver intelligent humor. There are maybe three or four sitcoms that I have been able to get copies of complete seasons and these are also favorites of the Clairvoyant - Frasier, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond and How I Met Your Mother. I hope to be able to write about each of these sitcoms in future blog entries. We have just finished screening the 11th and last season of Frasier and I honestly felt a little sad that we have finally finished the entire collection. I did remind myself that we could always review past seasons, past episodes especially those that gave us incredible laughter (i.e., speeches in Klingon anyone?).

I remember sitcoms in the 80's that I enjoyed watching with family. These included The Cosby Show, The Golden Girls, Benson, Three's Company and others that I seem to forget the titles at this time. The 90's brought in the likes of Seinfeld, Cheers, Third Rock From the Sun and Frasier. After the turn of the century, Everybody Loves Raymond, Will and Grace, How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock have kept me laughing with fresh material.

Brilliant material by brilliant writers makes these sitcoms shine above the rest. Of course, the ones I mentioned are not necessarily an exhaustive recall of sitcoms I've enjoyed and there are many that were either not shown on Philippine TV or were shown too late in the night that I was not allowed to watch them (read: I had to rise early the next morning for school.). More in the next posts...

No comments: