Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tinago Falls

I've always been fascinated with waterfalls. Here they are called "talon" in Tagalog. I learned from one sensei that the Japanese term was "taki." In fact, my first close encounters with waterfalls happen to be in Japan, at the Nikko National Park, where I and a close friend were fortunate to be taken for a tour by a very kind Japanese professor who visited UP in the 90's. I was practically a fresh graduate, one year removed from my masters' in UP and a new arrival in Japan for my doctoral studies.

As I haven't come around to scanning old photos showing our group as we trekked through the national park showing fine examples of waterfalls, I will pre-empt the full write-up until another blog (hopefully the next). For now, I will be featuring the Tinago Falls found in Iligan City, Lanao Del Norte.

Here are some photos from Tinago Falls:




No comments: