Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inauguration 2010

As I await the inauguration of the newly elected Philippine President, Benigno Simeon C. Aquino III, there is a feeling of both relief and anticipation. Relief because of the reality of a change in the leadership and anticipation because of the unknown future after today. I do not fear this change and this uncertainty in the air. And I know that I, we, must embrace it and put forward our best effort in making this country great again. It is, after all, our responsibility as citizens of this beloved country to make things work rather than sit, sulk and put the blame on others and not ourselves.

I was pleasantly surprised with Noel Cabangon's song and his asking the public and the people on the stage and the grandstand to join him in singing and pledging to become good citizens of the Philippines. Indeed, that is what we need to become and not just by our words but by our actions. I just hope the public and our leaders understood the message, and embrace and live the change that we need for the future of this nation.

No comments: