Friday, January 14, 2011

New Zodiac?

In the news today are the findings of a group in Minnesota stating that due to the gravitational pull of the moon on the earth, the positioning of our planet has changed. The change over the last 2,000 years meant that the observation of the stars (more like constellations) by which western astrologers have based the zodiac signs have also changed. As such, a new Zodiac sign is being introduced or suggested - Ophiochus. The new sign is the name of another constellation that has actually been here all this time. Only, it was not among the set of stars observed by astrologists and used to predict futures.

From what I've read so far, due to the adjustments being proposed, I would now be actually under Aquarius when before I was under Pisces. The Clairvoyant meanwhile, will now be under Sagittarius rather than Capricorn. If we are to believe the interpretations for these signs, then there would be significant implications and perhaps even consequences for these changes. But change or none, I guess I would prefer to being a Fish though the Water-bearer carries some enigmatic appeal I seem have derived from a song I commonly hear and associate with the hippie era - "Age of Aquarius."

Now, I wonder if the Chinese will also review their astrology and conclude whether there will also be changes in the Chinese zodiac. Under the Chinese calendar, the Clairvoyant and I happen to be the same Rat. Maybe we'll become different beings? Abangan!

No comments: