Friday, March 18, 2011

Bruce Hornsby - Mandolin Rain

I've always loved the music of Bruce Hornsby as it always seems to induce me into reminiscing about times past and how it was during my childhood, and my high school and university days. I probably heard his music back in the 1980's as it enjoyed significant airtime in the popular radio stations back then including 89.9 and 97.1. His signature song is "The Way It Is" and features him playing the piano with such spontaneity and mastery that one cannot help but be mesmerized with the music. He is also responsible for the opening theme of the popular TV series Baywatch (yes, the one playing while the girls are seen running across the beach).

My personal favorite is a song that I couldn't quite catch the title of but loved to sing long with especially when driving in the car. Below is that song that evokes sweet, relaxing memories - Mandolin Rain.


No comments: