Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Seafood in Davao

The first time I was in Davao was in 1999 when I filled in for a project that was concluded the following year. Since then I have been to Davao four times prior to my latest trip to the city. Each trip is always enjoyable due to Davao's attractions but it is the food that I have enjoyed the most. My trips to Visayan and Mindanao destinations always have seafood as a must for at least one meal and Davao will not fail with all the good restaurants around. Our hosts from the DOST took us to one obscure restaurant where we enjoyed grilled tuna and other seafood as we concluded the field work part of our trip to the city.

The restaurant was an unassuming place in Davao
Grilled tuna panga (head but literally jaw) and buntot (tail) along with tuna fish eggs (bihod)
Local rice and grilled fish
Marang looked and tasted like sweet sop (atis)
The famous durian is not for everyone's palate (and noses)
Grilled attractions on display on the restaurant window
More delights
The grilling is done on the sidewalk right in front of the restaurant
-

No comments: