Friday, April 20, 2018

Timex manual wind watch

I acquired this watch last year for two reasons: 1) It was a Timex assembled in the Philippines, and 2) it was priced really cheap. I had wanted to have a Timex for quite some time as I knew they assembled the watches in Cebu. I've seen the many models on display at Mactan Airport but could not quite decide about what to get. I was hesitant partly because most of the models were quartz watches. I have nothing against quartz watches as I own not a few of these including Swatches and Seikos. Only, I wanted to have something that's both collectible (for me) and reliable.

This watch is a manual wind and quite uncommon for a Timex today. And so I bought seeing nobody seemed interested in it. In fact, it got only a few likes compared to the other old watches being sold in the same site.

Simple watch face with arabic numerals, a date feature and water resistance indicated
The watch is in good condition and "assembled in the Philippines" was the real decider for me to get this watch.
Side view showing the crown
Another side view of the watch

This is a relatively small watch at 32mm wide except for the crown but it had 19mm lugs so you don't feel and look like its a small watch. I recently timed it on a full wind and it lasted about 42 hours. It also kept good time through this period; keeping up with the reference clocks I used for comparison.
-

No comments: