Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Citizen Promaster vintage diver watch

My collection of Citizen watches include a diver. But unlike other watches, this one is a lefty or designed for the left handed (watch is worn on the right wrist and can be adjusted using the left hand). It is not exactly a rare one but is not a common one either in the sense that there are few with this orientation.

This Citizen diver has both day and date complications
View showing the screw down crown
The other side view
Case back showing the water resistance, model number and serial number
Side view showing the crown and the thickness of the watch
Close-up of the bottom of the dial showing the model number
Here's the obligatory wrist shot
This watch is powered by an Citizen 8203 movement  by Miyota that runs at 21,600 A/h with a supposed power reserve of 43h. I haven't really gone into testing the watch but it usually lasts more than 36h.
This watch has one of the brighter lumes in my collection.
These are watches that are often preferred by those who want to have what they call a 'beater' or everyday watch. I actually prefer dress watches over divers but wear one whenever the weather or the occasion (swimming) calls for it. And with the weather in the Philippines, that means wearing a diver more frequently during the wet season. My preference though would be my Mido Cal. 80, which is to me a very reliable piece.

[Note: I unloaded this watch last year. Had to let go as I trimmed my collection. 2/11/2021]
-

No comments: