Saturday, November 10, 2018

Replacing the leather strap on a watch

I was looking for a tool to use in replacing the bracelet or strap of a watch. You can actually use a knife or some other tool for this but its best to use a spring bar tool. Fortunately, I remembered that I had one that came with my moon watch. And so I have been using it to change straps and give many watches a different look.

Helbros alarm with Hirsch leather strap

I've replaced and removed (in favor of the more easily changeable nato and zulu straps) metal and leather straps from certain watches in my collection. The changes help keep the watches casual rather than formal.

New custom leather straps and the watches they were intended for
One set was for a vintage Gruen Precision and another was for a Citizen Homer
The custom straps I recently got from an artisan I discovered over social media. He's really very good and perhaps deserves a separate post in the near future. I also have a stash of natos and zulus that I use interchangeably with several watches.
-

No comments: