Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Panagatan, SM City Cagayan De Oro Uptown

There is a restaurant that we often go to whenever we are in Cagayan De Oro or Iligan. The original one was in the town of Opol, located between the two cities, and along the seaside. I only learned recently, as I have not been in Iligan since 2009 and my stay in CDO last July 2018 was a hectic one that didn't allow us to go to the restaurant, that it now has six branches. Panagatan has expanded to include five more branches but these are located in malls rather than standalone restos.

Menu cover showing their branches in the region
Front cover of the menu
Seafood items
Soup and appetizers
The interior featured some curious items used as accents including these two wooden boats on the ceiling. I admire the effort here to make the restaurant inside the mall have a feel of their standalone branches.
Halaan soup always gives me a somewhat comforting feeling.
Chop suey for our serving of vegetables.
Our main dish of grilled fish came a little late and we were so hungry that I forgot to take a photo of the dish. Its okay, I think, since the presentation is the typical one for grilled tuna belly. I can still say that the food is good and the prices will not put a hole on your wallet of pocket. The service is okay though I cannot help but compare with the restaurant next door "Boy Zugba" that offers similar dishes but with more outgoing staff. We'll probably come back for a meal next time we're in CDO.
-

No comments: