Sunday, February 2, 2020

Zamboanga White

I closed January with an article on a treat in Zamboanga. I open February with another treat from Zamboanga - Zamboanga White. I spotted this on the drinks menu of Alavar and decided to give it a try after friends ordered their shakes and beers. The staff said it was basically lychee and pineapple with lychee being the main ingredient as evidenced by the taste.

Alavar's Zamboanga White

The drink was refreshing and something you will enjoy more in summer or on hot days. It's perfect for our tropical weather. I wonder if this is an Alavar original or replicated from somewhere. Or perhaps if it is an original, if it is replicated in other restaurants. I know that the Knickerbocker is served in other restaurants but Palmeras' is probably the original and best known if not the best (some will always say original is always best).

So much was said about January being so cruel to a lot of people. There were the bush fires in Australia, the threat of war in Iran caused by an American idiot, and current is the novel corona virus scare. I hope that February will be kinder and some positive news shared will help.
-

No comments: