Thursday, January 7, 2021

Plantito? Not really

There seems to be a lot of interest in plants these days. In fact, a lot of our staff at the office are exchanging plants for their homes. These are no longer the succulents that were in vogue a couple of years ago but various plants including cacti, alocasias, snake plants, palms, herbs and various other ornamental plants. This interest in plants stem (pun intended) from the quarantine and the resulting need to be busy with something. Caring for these plants is a nice hobby and something that probably gives a feeling of accomplishment for people. 

The terms 'plantita' and 'plantito' came into being as referring to a female (tita basically translates into auntie) or male (tito translates into uncle) who is into plants. I assume here that being into plants mean they care for and not just collect plants. Am I one? Not really though we have many plants at home and I generally care for them. I also am the one usually acquiring the plants from friends, neighbors as well as the garden shops where I usually get my supplies.

Rubber tree transplanted to a decorative pot

I will post more plant or garden related stuff on this blog soon!

-

No comments: