Sunday, May 15, 2022

Dive watches @Panglao

Part of my collection of watches are dive or divers' watches. My first diver watch is a Swatch that I bought in Japan. It is a veteran of Batangas, Panglao, Palawan, Cebu and Glan where we have enjoyed swimming in the past. I also brought it for the typical staycations at hotels that we treated as breaks from our usual work schedules.

I have been using a couple of dive watches in recent trips to Batangas and Bohol. One is the first official Philippine dive watch release by Seiko, which is nicknamed the Tubbataha - referring to the coral reefs on the country. The other is a Swiss dive watch from Mido, which is part of the Swatch group. Both are rated for 200m but that doesn't really matter as I don't dive. I brought both to our recent trip to Panglao, Bohol.

The first official Philippine release divers watch is a Monster Prospex - the Tubbataha or SRPF33K1. This was a Christmas gift from the Clairvoyant.

My very reliable Mido Ocean Star Caliber 80 has a potential 80-hour power reserve.

I have a couple of Seiko divers - the SKX 399 and 401 - that I have used swimming in Cebu. They are still water resistant despite being over 20 years old. I also still have my Swatch diver watches, one of which I usually bring as a back-up watch. The wife used one during our recent trip to Panglao. I will feature these Swatch divers in a future post.

-

No comments: