Tuesday, August 9, 2022

A vintage Seiko 6139-6010 "Bruce Lee"

Another desirable watch in my collection is this 6139-6010 that is popularly known as a Bruce Lee. The model or a variant of it was worn by the legendary martial artist/actor. And he has been photographed on many occasions wearing the watch including for promotional photo shoots.

The blue dial bears 'Water 70m Proof' at 9 o'clock. The watch also features a Kanji day wheel.

Side view showing the crown and chronograph buttons

The other side view showing the overall good condition of the watch

The watch had its original bracelet/strap but already featured an extension to the buckle.

The correct model number is indicated at the back. The serial number indicates the watch to have been made in September 1969. This is consistent with Waterproof still indicated instead of Water Resistant.

Close-up of the dial showing the correct dial nunber and the overall condition of the dial, hour markers and hands. Unfortunately, the lumes are already weathered.

 
Here it is beside the 'newer' 6139-6012 (right). Notice the difference in the dial? The strap on the 6012 had extra links so I was able to transfer one to the 6010 to get me the right fit on my wrist (I wear my watches loose.).

Wrist shot while stopped at an intersection along my commute - this was before I transferred a link to this watch.

What I don't have yet is the 'real' Bruce Lee model that has a black dial. That one still eludes me but there should be a good one out there.

-

No comments: