Monday, January 2, 2023

Creature of habit - my 3-year planner

One thing I got from when I lived in Japan that I still do now is maintain a planner. It actually functions both as a planner and a diary for me as I also include notes. We usually got free one year planners at our laboratory care of the various companies sending planners and calendars (those were really nice) to our senseis. The senseis collect the planners and calendars, and send them to the students for us to get one or more that we fancy. And so I have several pocket calendars from Japan as I also continued to receive some after I returned to the Philippines thanks to visiting professors who bring them to the office as omiyage. Later, while I was visiting Tokyo and Yokohama for a project, I found a nice 3-year diary from Nolty at a book shop at the Landmark Tower in Yokohama. I've acquired this planner ever since, purchasing one myself if I am in Japan or asking friends to get one for me. I only get one every three years so I can "plan" on getting the next one. I wondered if the newly opened Kinokuniya at BGC will have this for sale but then one friend already read my mind and got one for me when she was in Tokyo recently.

My planner/diary for 2023-2025

I got many planners from UP the past so many years but I have not used them. They are still in mint condition and I will feature them in a future post. I also have other planners given to me as gifts that I have not used even as notebooks. Most of them have no year indicated so I can use them for my notes for subjects I teach, for administrative work, and for projects ( I maintain one for each major project I'm involved in and another for smaller projects. ).

-

No comments: