Monday, March 11, 2024

Chocolate review: Meiji Rich Matcha chocolate

Allow me to deviate again from my usual chocolate reviews that are usually about dark chocolates and build on yesterday's post on matcha chocolate. Here is another omiyage or souvenir from Japan that I received last year (this is obviously another late post of something I drafted last year).

This is the matcha or green tea variant of Meiji's chocolate bars. Of course, our favorite is the Meiji Dark variant.

Details including ingredients and nutrition information are at the back. This was not bought at a local store as it would have had a sticker with an English translation over the this side of the packaging.

Inside the foil wrap is the greenish bar

 

The chocolate is smooth and not heavy on the after taste I usually experience after eating matcha chocolates. This is a good matcha chocolate that I thought was better than the Kitkat variants that are more on the sweet side. This is a good intro to matcha chocolate for those who are hesitant as they don't really like green tea taste in their chocolates.

-

No comments: