Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pizzeria Mozza at the Sands

The Clairvoyant and I had a most delightful lunch last Saturday on my first visit to the Marina Sands area since 2009. It was not my first time because I had the chance to tour the area when I was a participant to an international conference held in Singapore just a few weeks after Ketsana ravage Manila. At the time, the "surfboard" that would be the distinguishing feature of Marina Sands was yet to be constructed. I even have a photo of the building at the time from the Singapore Flyer, the gigantic Ferris Wheel nearby.

Anyhow, the Clairvoyant made reservations to the Pizzeria Mozza, which is a restaurant owned and operated by a team comprised of Nancy Silverton, Joe Bastianich, and Mario Batali. I won't be writing about these people as information on them and on their terrific resto that was first established in Los Angeles is on their website. The Singapore resto is only the second Mozza, which is basically comprised of the Osteria for fine dining and the Pizzeria for casual dining. Below are a few photos of our first (and definitely not the last) time at Mozza.

Appetizer: Sulami

Antipasti: Asparagus with prosciutto

Pizza: Funghi misti, fontina, taleggio and thyme

Oh, and did I mention that the Chef over at Mozza at the Marina Sands is a Filipina? Karla Mendoza is the Executive Chef over at Pizzeria Mozza and I have read many blogs that say Pizzeria Mozza serves the best pizzas in Singapore. I guess the long lines and the always full resto will speak for this.

Osteria and Pizzeria Mozza
10 Bayfront Avenue,
Marina Bay Sands,
Singapore

No comments: