Saturday, November 12, 2011

Clairvoyant Art

No, the title of this post is not so strange. It actually refers to artwork by the Clairvoyant. Yes, the Clairvoyant paints but it's been a long time since she did so and seriously. The last time I remember she did finish a piece we were still dating prior to getting engaged. She does a lot of sketches and has a number of sketchpads/drawing pads already filled with what some people will call studies. Following are two photos of her work. These do not do justice to the paintings because of the poor quality of the photography. I will most probably redo some photos when I get the chance and have better conditions for taking pictures.

Scene in Kinkaku-ji, Kyoto, Japan (Watercolor on paper, Dec. 1999) This was derived from a photo of me with the same background that I sent to the Clairvoyant when I was still in Japan. It is one of my favorites because of the colors of autumn that I thought was perfectly shown in the photo. The Clairvoyant worked on this secretly and gave it to me as a gift a few months after we first met in person.

Scene in Singapore Botanical Park (Acrylic on canvass, Nov. 2011) This is her latest piece, which I can say is much more impressive than what is shown in the photo. I sort of had a preview of this from photos sent by the Clairvoyant after her exploration of the park with friends a few months ago.

From what I gather, the Clairvoyant is conceptualizing her next project and she had told me that she wants to try having humans or the human form as her subject. Perhaps a scene in the MRT trains or stations is in the works? Abangan!


No comments: