Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Foggy day in Diliman

I was greeted by a pleasant surprise as I turned towards Katipunan this morning. There was a fog over this part of Quezon City. I took the opportunity to take a few photos for posterity. For all the years I've been with UP from the time when I was a student in the late 1980's to the present, I wasn't really able to capture in the form of photos the fogs on campus.

The high-rise condo of a major retail chain is obscured by the fog.

The Balara area looked so serene with few vehicles on the road and the fog in the background lending a soft touch to surroundings.

The Sunken Garden catches a good amount of the fog and makes the field feel surrealistic when combined with the soft light of the sunrise.

I hope the fog's composition isn't dominated by pollutants (these days I doubt it isn't). I can imagine the runners feasting on the cool environment of the UP Diliman campus but I pity them for ingesting all that bad stuff in the air these days.

The Academic Oval was zero visibility earlier this morning, the security guards told me when I arrived at the office.

Melchor, Palma, Benitez and Malcom Halls should have a feel of nostalgia about them with the fog. I guess these buildings have witnessed a lot of this phenomena since the time UP moved to Diliman.

There is evidence that the whole campus was enveloped by fog this morning. A friend posted a remark that it felt as if the campus were in Baguio City, high up in the mountains. But then again, this part of Quezon City is elevated including Ateneo, which is on a ridge.

No comments: