Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sizzling again

At the mall again last weekend for some errands, I decided to see another film but this time I chose a comedy flick with Ben Stiller as the lead actor. At least I knew what to expect even if I haven't known about the film prior to my mall trip. After purchasing my ticket, I found myself with an hour to spare before the screening and so I decided to take a look at my lunch options. I already decided against going to the ground floor where most of the restaurants were. If I had more than an hour, I would have opted to go for Teriyaki Boy or Pancake House, the old reliables for me and the Clairvoyant. I was even thinking going to The Old Spaghetti House or perhaps Max's but I didn't feel like going for pasta and the fried chicken restaurant I knew was always full. I considered taking out a Hungarian sandwich from Wham but instead found myself attracted to the Food Court where I figured I could just take my meal sitting down instead of inside the theater. Surprisingly, there were few people at the Food Court so I made the decision to go for it and ended up, again, in front of Sizzling Plate. It was an easy decision and, like the movie I was to see in about 45 minutes, I knew what to expect from Sizzling Plate.

Selections at Sizzling Plate - this was actually a stolen shot as I was a little embarrassed to train my BlackBerry for a better shot of the selections

Tenderloin steak and four seasons - the steak, of course, looks nothing like the ones usually served in the finer restaurants. I could have gone to Pancake House or Burgoo's for steak but I knew I would probably be so full I would be uncomfortable watching a movie later on. Also, steaks at these restaurants would certainly be much more expensive than the "poor man's" version over at Sizzling Plate. The meat was tender and the gravy just the way I remembered it to be. No surprises, just a no frills lunch on a lazy weekend at a mall.

-

No comments: