Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pasalubong from Cebu

Every time I am on a trip, I make sure to bring home some pasalubong whether its for family or friends. It's quite easy to find souvenirs to take home when I'm traveling in the Philippines as most places would have their won products. Cebu is one of the easiest places to find souvenirs and I usually buy food items like dried mangoes, otap and rosquillos. When I have enough time, I try to visit the market to buy dried fish like danggit, espada, dulong and squid, which are all our favorites. The Cebuano versions are much less salty than in other places I've been, and the word is that it is less salty because clients were always asking them if the dried stuff were okay with people with hypertension, diabetes and other illnesses requiring moderation on salty food.

This time around, it was a very quick trip to Cebu and I only had time to get a few items for the flight back to Manila. I picked up a few packs of otap and rosquillos, which were requested by the Clairvoyant. She was quite particular with the brand, Titay's, for the rosquillos and I got some from a shop at the airport. If I had time, I would go to one of their branches in Cebu City or buy from a supermarket. Otap and rosquillos are cheaper when bought there compared to the airport shops.

Special otap from Titay's. You can also get good otap from another popular brand, Shamrock.
A pair of otap wrapped in thin paper
Titay's rosquillos is the best rosquillos in Cebu (and probably in the country?). It was highly recommended by friends from Cebu and whenever I'm there, I make sure to get a pack.

-

No comments: