Monday, November 25, 2013

Lunch at Breakthrough

The top ten lists for restaurants in Iloilo City often have the top two as a toss-up between Tatoy's and Breakthrough, both located in the city's Arevalo district. Writing about Ponsyon in the previous post, I just had to write a brief one on its "mothership" Breakthrough. It happened that my friends haven't eaten at Breakthrough despite also having traveled to Iloilo a number of times. And so I decided to bring them there especially considering it was a nice day and I was sure we would have a great view of the sea.

Beachfront view from within the restaurant
At the beach - not white sands like Boracay but clean and not hot to step upon. That's Guimaras Island in the horizon.
Bounty of the sea - squid, shrimps, blue marlin and seaweed (the crabs we ordered were not yet served when the photo was taken). I always order coconut water (buko juice) fresh from the shell (or with the shell) whenever its available.

-

No comments: