Saturday, January 16, 2016

Chocolate review: Witor's Fondente Dark Chocolate

I keep forgetting to publish this post on chocolate. It's been a while since the last one so it's only fitting to come up with my first for this year. I was browsing the supermarket shelf at Clark a few months last year when I spotted this chocolate. It was on an inconspicuous level at an inconspicuous shelf. I quickly picked up a few of the small bars of Witor's Fondente Dark Chocolate, which is made in Italy.

Waiter's dark chocolate in a 40g bar
Details about the chocolate and its maker are at the back
The information at the back states that the chocolate contains at least 50% cacao
I thought the chocolate was okay but closer to ordinary as far as dark chocolates go. I tried another one I had 'in stock' and my observation is still the same. Its probably good as instant gratification in as far as dark chocolates go but I would prefer other chocolates if given the choice. Still, it is quite inexpensive, too, at about 54 PHP per bar. The last time I checked, the supermarket in Clark was out of this chocolate.
-

No comments: