Thursday, October 19, 2017

Another old Swatch automatic - Aniak

I wrote about my first Swatch not too long ago. This time around, I am featuring another Swatch automatic watch that is my wife's. I did get this initially for myself but it ended up with her. Maybe it was the design? I was intrigued by the design when I saw it in a pile in a Japanese shop. I did not hesitate to include it with my purchases that day.

The design was apparently inspired by ancient cave paintings
The watch face is transparent and shows the movement. This model is called Aniak.
A closer look reveals the model that was released in 1995. This makes it a couple of years 'newer' than my 1993 Swatch automatic. It's still an old one at 22 years.
A close look at the bracelet shows more creatures.
Here's a photo of the movement from the transparent back. The ETA 2840 automatic movement uses 23 jewels and runs at 21,600 beats/hour with a power reserve of 48 hours.
These watches had a default 3bar water resistance meaning you could use it for washing hands or some exposure to rain.
While this is only occasionally used, we consider it one of our favorites in our collection and one that our daughter will probably like to wear when she's of age.
-

No comments: