Sunday, August 11, 2019

Roamer Sea Rock automatic watch

One of my recent acquisitions that has become sort of a favorite and has frequented my rotation is this Roamer Searock. I have a few Roamers but this one's big and the style reminds me of the 1970s. It would have been something my father or uncles would have worn then.

Retro dial with date feature and raised hour markers
Signed crown- I find it nice that Roamer, like Revue, features signed crowns with the letter R - the initials on my name.
The other side view
Case back. The photo also shows the size of the strap.
The movement is a Cal. 522 running at 21,600 beats per hour with a power reserve of up to 54 hours.
Wrist shot. This one shows the light reflecting upon the dial.
The watch turned out to be quite reliable despite my not having it checked and maintained after I got it. It keeps time and the power reserve is quite decent, too. I think I have to use it more often to see how long it lasts on a full charge. Of course the best automatic watch in my collection is my Mido Ocean Star Caliber 80, which logs at 80 hours.

Here's another wrist shot in better lighting:


-

No comments: