Monday, August 19, 2019

Vintage Doxa watch from 1958

There's this very simply designed watch I have in my collection. It was manufactured prior to Doxa being acquired by Synchron in the late 1960s. Doxa is well-known for its diver watches but they also make very good dress or casual watches. I think this is a good example of the latter types.

The cream dial is the result of even aging. Simplicity here is the absence of day or date features.
Side view showing the crown
The other side view
Case back showing the watch to be anti-magnetic and high precision. The serial numbers are also indicated.
The movement inside this watch is an ETA 1147 running at 18,00 beats per hour with a power reserve of 42 hours.
A recent wrist shot

This was a watch that I had put up for sale months ago as it was also not getting much wrist time. I have come to enjoy it once again and have worn it more frequently than others. I like the way this watch has aged (61 years at this time) and it is still very reliable on a full wind. I have to time it again to see if it still lasts the 42 hours in its specs.
-

No comments: