Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Chocolate review: The return of the dark Snickers bar

I was pleasantly surprised to find the dark chocolate variant of Snickers in the supermarket shelf. I had not seen this in a very long while. I first saw these on the shelves of convenience stores and supermarkets in Japan, and later in the duty free shops in Clark and Subic.

Snickers cacao strong (that's Japanese katakana for cacao)
The Japanese roughly to 230% more cacao than the usual Snickers bar.
Like other imported products at the supermarket, there is a sticker providing a translation of ingredients, nutrition information and manufacturer's info.
Was a little surprised to see that the importer, Mars Philippines, Inc., which is the local subsidiary of Mars Foods is located in our city. However, I was not surprised but somewhat suspicious about the bars being produced in China.

I used to buy these by the box whenever I saw them on Clark Freeport's Puregold Duty Free shop shelves. Those were from the US rather than from Japan. It has a distinctive taste from the regular Snickers as well as other variants now available. As far as I can remember (taste-wise), its the same dark Snickers bar we enjoyed before and so I've included these in our stock of chocolates.
-

No comments: