Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Vietnamese coffee at the supermarket

The wife's supply of coffee for her morning brews were running out; well at least the ground coffee that she uses for the press. We still had a couple of bags of beans from our pre-Covid cache and she didn't want to grind these for the press. She usually used these for her more complicated coffee machine, which automatically grinds the coffee beans according to her settings. I usually bought coffee at the supermarket where they have a good selection of local coffee including those from Cavite, Batangas, Mindanao and the Cordilleras. And so the next time I went to the supermarket, I was ready to pick up a couple of bags, one usually the Barako blend, when I spotted a bag that had "Viet" on it. This turned out to be Vietnamese coffee marketed under the brand of Mr Viet. We love Vietnamese coffee (I make an exception when there's Vietnamese coffee around as I usually drink chocolate or tea.) so it was a no-brainer for me to get a bag.

Mr. Viet Coffee
Details on the coffee at the back
Information on the manufacturer and country of origin
Brewing instructions
The coffee was really good and so now I get a bag every time I go for our groceries. It's good to know that they also have Vietnamese coffee available at the supermarket so we can have some variety outside of getting coffee from Starbucks or CBTL, which also have branches nearby.
-

No comments: