Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My football jersey collection

I collect shirts from the various places I've been to here and abroad. But I am not going to talk about these in this article. Instead, I will be talking about some jerseys that I have collected over the last few years. The collection actually started while we were residing in Singapore. I had the luxury there of having many sports shops selling official football merchandise.

Manchester United jersey the last time they won the Premiership under famed manager Sir Alex Ferguson

Shirt celebrating Liverpool's 6th Champion's League title - the most by any English team

Man U jersey when they won the Premier League and Champion's League back when Cristiano Ronaldo was playing for them

Recent Chelsea jersey with Yokohama Tyres as the main sponsor. Previous to this Chelsea shirts had Samsung on them.

Barcelona jersey when they won practically all the trophies that year including La Liga and the Champion's League. I have another one I keep in my office locker that does not have a sponsor at the front but has a secondary sponsor in Unicef at the lower back of the shirt.

England national team jersey

German national team shirt. Its not a jersey but a collared shirt that I got at Takashimaya in Singapore.

Not football but Canada's national hockey team jersey that my brother-in-law got for me

I used to have a Spanish national team jersey but the size was too small and I decided to give it to my nephew who plays football in his school. I also got him and his sister Juventus jerseys when I learned they liked the top Italian team in the Serie A. I got these from a favorite football shop at the 313@Somerset mall in Singapore. I also have another Barca jersey that didn't have the sponsors' patches except for Unicef at the back. What I don't have are baseball and basketball jerseys but I do have NBA shirts and a collection of baseball caps. I will write about my cap collection soon.

-

No comments: