Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Seiko 6138-0040 Blue Bullhead

It took a while for my blue bullhead to be repaired and overhauled. One of the small hands was detached from the sub dial and I also wanted the crown to be replaced. When I got the watch, the crown was loose and wasn't an original (one reason why it went cheap). I was not so sensitive or picky about these vintage models as I knew I could have them repaired and parts replaced without shelling out so much as those NOS-looking or 'sariwa' that are being sold for so much more. This model, for example, sells for between 25,000 pesos to 60,000 pesos or even higher for the mint or fully restored versions. Mine costs significantly less while retaining the vintage look and having the functionality of recent models.

I tried a different angle for these photos and the lighting is sunlight from our windows

The dial viewed from another angle. Unlike my red bullhead that has a glass crystal, this one's a dome-shaped plastic.

Case back showing the serial number and the model number. The serial number indicates that this watch was manufactured in October 1976.

Close-up of the bottom of the dial showing the model number

The movement inside is a Caliber 6138B, which runs at 21,600 A/h with a potential power reserve of 45h.

Sun-kissed? Here's one of the obligatory wrist shots

Here's a wrist shot after I replaced the nato strap with the metal bracelet that came with the watch when I acquired it.

I now have one of each of the red and blue bullheads. I won't mind getting a one or more of the other models of these watches if the opportunity presents itself.

-

No comments: