Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Worth the wait

It took more than 2 months but it was surely worth the wait. My Vulcain Cricket finally arrived. It was delivered though to my office so I have to wait a little more before I can get it. It is still MECQ in Metro Manila and I didn't want it to be transported to my home by Lalamove or Grab. I had been looking for a nice, pristine-enough Vulcain Cricket. The watch is supposed to be something like the best among alarm watches and it doesn't hurt that it is also called the watch of Presidents because every US President from Harry Truman onward has received a Cricket from La Chaux-de-Fonds. Of course, these people also preferred other watches over the Cricket but the latter stands out as one that has been worn by each president and acknowledged (or declared) as a gift. Here is a vintage ad for the Vulcain Cricket.

 

And here is a nice article about the watch and its being gifted to a US President since Truman:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/03/fashion/the-presidents-watch-vulcain-cricket.html

-

No comments: