Thursday, July 15, 2021

On vaccinations vs. Covid-19

I got vaccinated last April (first dose) and May (second dose). As I had no choice like many others, I got Sinovac, the Chinese-made vaccine that under normal circumstances would probably have not been maligned so much. I won't write about the controversies about the vaccine or the politics about this. Suffice it to say here that whatever protection it provides is better than nothing. I got vaccinated at a nearby mall and the procedure was very efficient. The staff were well-trained and well-versed in serving the people.

View of the vaccination set-up at Robinsons Antipolo. Much of the atrium, which is used for bazaars and other events is currently allocated for vaccinations. Similar set-ups may be found in other malls as well including SM Masinag and Ayala Feliz (despite it being in Pasig) for Antipolo residents.

Giveaways after the vaccination - I wonder if these were part of the budget or perhaps donated. Whatever, these are very welcome for people after their vaccination.

Most of my family including my parents and siblings are already vaccinated. Even the other members of our household are also already vaccinated with only one not yet getting her call for her turn in vaccination. Most of us got Sinovac but my sister and her husband got Astra Zeneca and my brother's getting Moderna soon. We were joking about our help who just recently got vaccinated and received the Pfizer vaccine. I will not deny that we will likely get vaccinated again within the year. Towards the end of the year there will probably be all the options available to us. In fact, we have reservations for doses of Novavax that will be arriving later in the year. We feel we might need to do this partly for peace of mind and partly because we plan to be back to traveling soon.

-

No comments: