Sunday, August 22, 2021

Vintage Emperor chronograph with a Valjoux 7733 movement

I chanced upon this chronograph from one of my "suki" and no seemed to be under the radar with few bidders and bids. I didn't think twice and got the watch easily and inexpensively. The brand is obscure but the craftsmanship, condition and the movement inside made this a great bargain. Read on!

The watch features two sub dials. The one on the left is for the second while the one on the right is for the chronograph. This first photo alone shows the great condition of the watch.

Side view showing the crown and chronograph buttons

The watch is gold plated

The other side view showing few if any scratches on the case and crystal

Pristine case back showing what looks like a serial number

Close-up of the pristine dial

Another close-up with an angle to reveal the bottom part of the dial that shows this watch to be 'Swiss Made'

Wrist shot taken the first time I wore the watch after unboxing it.

This watch is powered by a Valjoux Cal. 7733 movement that runs at 18,000 A/h with a potential reserve of 45h when fully wound. I have not had the chance to open the case to take a photo or video of the movement. I also hesitate as I could not see a clear part of the back where I can open it. I have times the watch several times and was surprised it averaged 47.5 hours. I suspect that the mainspring may have been replaced and allows for the longer operation of the watch.

[I have unloaded this watch last summer. It was a nice piece but I chose to let go rather than have it in storage and allow it to depreciate. It was easily taken the moment I posted it for the price that was favorable to me. 9/26/2023]

-

No comments: