Sunday, August 1, 2021

Vintage Seiko 7015-7010 Chronograph

My Seiko chronograph collection includes this rare 7015-7010. It is very difficult to find this watch in pristine condition and the really nice ones from Japan that I've seen online goes for about 1,000 USD. I am not particular about the aesthetics of many of the watches that are now in my collection so I am fine with watches that look beat up or have gone through a lot with their past owners. The most important thing perhaps is that their movements still work fine and they give accurate enough time.

The watch has inner and outer bezels. The inner one rotates but the outer bezel is fixed. The watch also has both day and date features. Days are in English and Kanji (Japanese).

Side view showing the chronograph buttons and crown. Both day and date quick sets are functional.

The other side view showing also the overall condition of the case and dial.

Case back showing the model number and serial number. The serial number indicates the watch to have been manufactured in January 1973, making this my wife's BMBY.

A closer look at the dial and bezels - note the deteriorated 2nd quadrant of the inner bezel

Close-up showing the correct model number at the bottom of the dial

Inside the watch is a Caliber 7015A, which runs at 21,600 A/h with a potential power reserve of 43h.

Wrist shot the first time I wore the watch. I had to change the strap first because I thought the color didn't match the watch.

The watch suddenly became part of my regular rotation. It keeps time and so far has shown a decent power reserve.  This one's a keeper.

-

No comments: