Tuesday, December 21, 2021

A vintage restored Seiko Laurel

A recently received a vintage Seiko Laurel that appears to be older than my other Seiko Laurel. The seller declared this as having a restored dial (not modified or modded) so I knew what I was getting when I purchased the watch.

A Seiko Laurel with a restored dial

Side view showing the unsigned crown

The other side view

The watch back shows the Suwa emblem and the serial number indicating the watch to have been made sometime April 1961.

Close-up of the restored dial. I thought this was nice restoration job except for the style for the 'S' in Seiko and the color. I have yet to do research whether the Laurel had blue dial variants like this but you can easily Google similar watches with the 'S' being a more complicated script.

Wrist shot

Seikosha 11 jewel movement (photo from the seller) - I have not timed the watch to see how long it lasts when fully wound. I will just indicate that information here as an update when I get to do that.
 

I got this from a seller in Vietnam. It took quite some time to be shipped as he was not located in either Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi, which would probably have made shipping faster. I also noticed that it took about a week after arriving at the international dispatch center before they were able to send the item from Vietnam.

-

No comments: