Sunday, March 27, 2022

Mug shots: Blugre Coffee stoneware

I got this mug not in Davao, where Blugre Coffee was established and thriving, but it Taytay, Rizal where they have a branch at the building across the Municipal Hall. The buidling hosts the Regional Trial Court where we had more than a few visits for a case that had been filed back in 2015 but had only been resolved recently. Though I have been in Davao so many times, I have not gone to a Blugre there (or even other local coffee shops except going to a Bo's Coffee once).

The Blugre mug is a good example of finely made stoneware. It is also big so you can get a good amount of coffee, tea or hot chocolate in it. I also use it for taho and sometimes, soup.

The other side of the mug has the same design. I'm not sure how they were able to carve their logo on the mug. They must have had used some precision instruments and this could have involved a computer for a mass production.

 

The coffee and food was good here and they do have specialties with durian (one of Davao's signature fruits). I think there should be more of these around to promote local brews and home-grown businesses.

-

No comments: