Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Mug shots: Congress of the Republic of the Philippines

I received this mug as a gift from my wife who used to work at the House of Representatives. The mug was sold at the souvenir shop there but I'm not sure it's still there. The last time I was at the Batasan before the pandemic, they only had a coffee shop but no souvenir shop at the lobby.

The photo is of the old Congress Building, which also used to be the Senate Building and now houses the National Museum of the Philippines.

Side view showing the center/front facade of the building

The other side view showing the rest of the facade

Mug handle

The mug has never been used and is kept at my display cabinet at my office along with other mugs in my collection. I don't know how many mugs like this are around. I'm sure if one has a similar image of the building, it can be printed on a mug but then it is unlikely for people to want to have something like this for them to have one made.

-

No comments: