Monday, May 1, 2023

Chocolate review: Droste Orange Crisp

We open May with a familiar chocolate brand - Droste. I have not enjoyed these chocolates for quite some time since the onset of the pandemic. I first bought a tube way back when we were 'residing' in Singapore and traveled between Manila and the city state quite regularly. I usually bought the dark chocolate variants but couldn't find these in the store at Changi. So I just got a couple of tubes each of two variants that were available at the Cocoa Tree store. This is Droste's Orange Crisp.

Droste's Orange Crisp comes in a tube that's like a dispenser with the chocolates shaped like giant tablets (pastilles).

Nutrition information

The chocolate is made in the Netherlands

The chocolates are inside a foil and there's a perforated end of the tube where you open the package to get your chocolates.

The chocolates inside - one tablet is enough for a quick choco fix.

This is a milk chocolate with a minimum cacao content of 35%. The crisps add to the chocolate's texture. It is on the sweet side though so I don't recommend really indulging on it. I hope I can find the dark chocolate version in a local store. I won't buy a tube though if its the dark chocolate with mint as I don't like mint with my chocolates.

-

No comments: