Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lunch at Verbena

One of the most enjoyable meals we had was during one trip to Tagaytay when the Clairvoyant and I decided to try out the Restaurant Verbena of Discovery's Country Suites. It was quite rainy that day and we were just coming into Tagaytay after our usual long drive from Antipolo. It was already lunch time and though we were booked at another hotel, we just decided, probably on a whim, to try out Verbena. It was highly recommended by friends and the Clairvoyant related to me about what has been written about the restaurant and its chef. Perhaps the Clairvoyant can help me remember what it is exactly that we ate that rainy day in July.

 Verbena provides a nice view of Taal and with a garden that looks perfect for an outdoor affair.

I forget what we ordered but I do remember it was a four course meal that included appetizers. We were served bread with a selection of butter, pate and salsa to go with it.

 I don't exactly remember what this is but I can guarantee that whatever we had were all delicious and well worth what we paid that day.

I think this is creme brulee and I seem to remember it being quite delightful and perfect for concluding for the main course, which I think was a terrific seafood dish.

Perhaps another trip to Tagaytay and another lunch at Verbena will refresh my memory. Next time, we'll take more photos to better document the experience. Maybe, we'll stay at the Country Suites the next time?

No comments: