Saturday, October 22, 2011

Taiwanese fare at Asian Kitchen

The Clairvoyant and I decided to have dinner out yesterday at the NEX mall prior to doing our groceries.  Finding that our usual dining spots were quite full and with long queues to boot, we looked for another place for sustenance. The Clairvoyant recommended the Asian Kitchen where she had Oyster Meesua while I had Char Siew Rice Noodles. As side dish we had greens with clam sauce.

 The greens with clam sauce actually had some chilli and the waitress asked us how spicy we'd like it to be. We requested it to be mild but it still had a spicy aftertaste with a hint of clam. The dish reminded us of kangkong.

The rice noodles with char siew looked real good but I found it to be a little sweet. I had expected some soup to go with the noodles but I wasn't familiar with this Taiwanese fare so I wasn't that surprised to find the noodles to be more like a pasta dish or pleasantly like palabok.

No comments: