Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Aircraft models

I like to think of myself as an unconventional collector. This is because I have several collections including stamps, coins, bills, model tanks, comics, toys, and others. My collection of collections now includes a few aircraft models including three commercial airliners and two bombers. The latest addition to my small fleet is an Airbus A380-800 I bought from Singapore Airlines, the first airline to fly the huge jets. This adds to my humble collection of two models - a Philippine Airlines Boeing 747-400 and a Cebu Pacific Airbus A320. The small collection is symbolic as I have been flying in and out of Singapore to visit the Clairvoyant and our home for a little more than 1.5 years in that city state.

The box with the plastic wrap
Photo of the box with the plastic cover off/removed
Contents - components still in their cases/wraps
Aircraft model parts
Underside of the model with my Swiss knife as a reference
Unmounted model aircraft
Testing the landing gears - they actually work!
Aircraft model mounted for display
Mounted model photographed using my BlackBerry Bold
Our humble collection of aircraft
-

No comments: