Friday, February 1, 2013

Craving for Japanese food

After what seemed to be a government transaction that went forever, I decided to have a good late lunch before returning home. My day was practically consumed by a single transaction that I had assumed would take only an hour or two at the maximum. I didn't want to consider the day wasted as I still had the afternoon to work on some things for me to be productive. But coming from something that was essentially a downer, I wanted to reboot my day with a refreshing meal. I did write about comfort food in a recent post and this time I was craving for Japanese food.

And so coming from Antipolo and while driving along Sumulong Highway, I decided to head to Marikina where I knew I could get a satisfying lunch. My destination was Tamagoya, one of the worst kept secrets along Soliven Avenue near the junction with Sumulong Highway.

Gyoza
Yakiniku bowl
My friends at the university have been planning to have lunch out at Tamagoya but we haven't found a common time among our teaching schedules and meetings. We also have to leave either for an early or late lunch as it takes something like 30 to 45 minutes to get to the restaurant and about the same time or more back to the office (if traffic along Katipunan isn't bad). Perhaps we could finally schedule one and have a meeting there so we could also linger for some time while enjoying Japanese food just like when we were students in the Land of the Rising Sun. I'm already looking forward to a big bowl of ramen or udon...
-

No comments: