Thursday, May 3, 2018

Cafe Inggo, Sto. Domingo, Quezon City

I was having our vehicle serviced at our dealer along Quezon Avenue and instead of waiting at the dealer I decided to go to nearby Sto. Domingo to have some quiet time and have breakfast out the cafe at the shrine complex. What was previously Cafe Dominic is now Cafe Inggo. The name change is obviously a play on Domingo (Dominic in English) that has several nicknames in the Philippines including the popular Doming/Domeng and the playful (sometimes funny) Inggo.

Two friars greeted me as I was seated at my table
A collection of prints of old churches in the Philippines
A painting depicting the familiar scene of the Pieta hangs above the main door
Cafe operating hours
The interior of the cafe had enough tables for groups or individuals. Each table had a coffee table book for browsing by customers.
I had Spanish sardines with an egg sunny side up. They actually serve breakfast meals with 2 eggs but I requested to only be served one. I also had thick iced chocolate of the "tsokolate-eh" kind
Spanish sardines cooked with onions and spread over lettuce, sliced tomatoes and sliced cucumber
I had leche flan for dessert as I had some time left before I headed back to get our vehicle. The leche flan was topped with macapuno, whipped cream and had a slice of orange on the side.
I returned again after a few days to have our other vehicle serviced. That time, I ordered their longganisa (native sausage from Tuguegarao, Cagayan I was informed).
The food is good and the service very attentive. Price-wise, the cost of meals will not hurt your pocket and the servings are just right. It is definitely a nice place to consider for dining when one is in the area. 

Cafe Inggo is located at the far end of the Sto. Domingo complex along Quezon Avenue. The times I've been there it was never crowded and you can easily get a table. I just wonder though if it is crowded on Sundays or feast days of the church.
-

No comments: